Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Customer Relations Team Leader
Location: Exton, PA or Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth, while working collaboratively to strengthen the quality of the mentoring field and close the mentoring gap.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, Customer Relations. The ideal candidate will support the intake function via the successful coordination of customer relations functions, as well as effective performance of individual customer relations functions, practices and goals. This position can be based in Philadelphia or Exton, PA. If based in Philadelphia, this position will require travel to the Exton office twice a week.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Support the Customer Relations team to ensure a high level of quality performance and individual team members’ professional development.
- As Team Leader, coordinates daily processing functions for up to 4 Customer Relations Specialists; assists Manager in team member performance review process by providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance; and acts as a peer leader for Specialists, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
- Assist the Manager, School-based Intake to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
- Responsible for hiring customer relations staff as well as training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees. Ensure accountability through metrics and dashboards that effectively measure team productivity and achievement of goals.
- Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
- Fulfills all electronic database documentation requirements; utilizes system to prepare and track personal and team performance; and demonstrates high levels of accuracy, efficiency and leadership for team members and all other internal and external clients and partners.
- Utilize technology and innovative practices to help CR team efficiently fulfil their responsibilities and continually refine practices and processes for improved efficiency.
Volunteer and Client Inquiry
- Identifies and eliminates, as early as possible, any barriers that may interfere with the completion of the inquiry process; documents and monitors all elements of inquiry functions and supervision.
- Obtain preliminary information and schedule/coordinate volunteer and child enrollment interviews.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to volunteer and parent/guardian inquiries regarding enrollment and the status of interviews
- Schedule Community-based Volunteers for orientation sessions
Background Check Management
- Manage the processing of background checks for volunteers, track missing background checks and troubleshoot issues
- Perform volunteer background checks and handle identity documentation.
- Update paperwork as changes occur with the enrollment process
- Through phone and email communication perform and document volunteer references
- Delegate references to team members to ensure timely processing of volunteers
SB Partner Scheduling
- Collaborate with the Team Leader, SB Enrollment, to create SB interview schedule
- Manage CR team members to efficiently schedule SB volunteers for interviews and FBI fingerprinting
Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (OR an Associate’s Degree and a minimum 4 years relevant experience OR no degree but a minimum of 8 years relevant experience) required per national Agency requirements.
Professional Requirements: Must have a valid driver's license and consistent access to a car for the purpose of facilitating off-site recruitment, interviews and meetings. Experience in human services, with youth service organizations and socioeconomically diverse populations is preferred. Experience with Community Umbrella Agencies and Department of Human Services a plus. Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages and possess the ability to effectively utilize BBBSI’s internal database systems for tracking and recording information.
Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,100 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.