Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: School Based Program Coordinator
Location: Exton, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence is the third largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships that ignite the biggest possible futures for youth, and strengthen the youth mentoring field through evidence-based mentoring services, collaboration, and advocacy. BBBSI seeks a full-time School Based Program Coordinator for match support. Some evening/weekend work may be required, with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. This position supports "Big" and "Little" matches, through the coordination of programs located at schools and corporate partner locations.
Child Safety & Match Support
- Provide interviewing and match support at school and corporate site-based locations to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers.
- Build relationships with partner corporations and schools through coordination with teachers, principals, counselors and corporate liaisons. With the assistance of these individuals, enroll children and volunteers with proper paperwork and conduct volunteer and client assessments/updates as indicated. Act as liaison with site-based contacts to ensure effective implementation of program and coordination of all site-specific needs.
- Meet or exceed goals in the following areas: clients interviewed, number of matches made, match support compliance, match closure rate, frequency of match closures, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all child/mentor match details.
- Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
Academic/Equivalent Requirements: Must have a bachelor’s degree or 4-8+ combined education and years of direct service experience.
Professional: Experience working with adult populations, youth service organizations, and with socio-economically diverse populations is preferred. Must have dependable, daily access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet state-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online at: https://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,200 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds.