Patient Care Coordinator
Date: December 2019 Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt
Schedule: Varies, including weekend and evening availability Reports to: Practice Manager.
The Patient Care Coordinator provides a superior level of administrative support for the medical professionals, managing customer service, scheduling, patient education, and sales The Patient Care Coordinator will focus on establishing rapport with the client and managing his/her needs on a case by case basis. The individual who occupies this position is a key component of the team and should pay particular attention to detail and take pride in excellent customer service.
- Open and close the medical offices
- Stocking retail skin care products.
- Open, stock, manage, and close medical care rooms..
- Ensure highest level of Patient Experience is upheld throughout entire patient encounter.
- Complete patient appointment tasks at the highest level including but not limited to patient photos,tagging and filing of photos and patient paperwork in the EMR (emergency medical records system)
- Educate and inform patients regarding procedures and skincare.
- Exhibit professionalism when speaking with patients both on the phone and in person. (both wording and tone).
- Appropriate selling of medical products to meet sales goals.
- Attend to EMR related issues, documenting all patient encounters and keeping records up to date with staff informed.
- Clear and consistent communication and follow up with medical team.
- Office and daily tasks including but not limited to cleaning of the office, printing, report reconciliations, and inventory stocking.
- End of day reporting and deposit.
- Communicate procedural issues and workflow concerns to Practice Manager.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by creating a positive, welcoming, and warm atmosphere in the office.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and service providers; forward requests to relevant staff members.
- Maintain industry and best practice standards as outlined in training.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate patient concerns to medical staff clearly and effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize to meet patient expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to think through problems independently, including the use of office resources.
- Ability to work independently, while supporting the clinical team.
- Ability to use initiative and persistence in completing assigned duties.
- Ability to coordinate overall administrative activities for the office.
- Outstanding follow-up, problem solving and time management skills to deliver quality patient service.
- Critical thinking and time management skills to evaluate different solutions.
- Ability to comply with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Identify and report health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries, and property damage at the workplace.